Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Treating Teenagers with Acne

Looking for:

accutane  













Just a few months ago, I finished my last dose of Accutane. Other than some scars, you would never know I struggled with cystic acne. Do I still wonder why I ever had to have cystic acne?

These events are entirely preventable.” That’s why, regardless of my sexual history, I get bloodwork done before each prescription renewal. I never had the painful, cystic acne that you see in the before pictures of Proactiv commercials, but red dots regularly stood out against the white background of my face. I spent my teenage years trying everything from drugstore cleansers and spot treatments to prescription creams, antibiotics and birth control pills, but nothing helped.

It was my first time home since moving to Toronto and all I could think about was that I had gained 10 pounds in all the wrong places, I hadn’t had a haircut in six months and my face resembled an erupting volcano. My already anxiety-ridden psyche was going into overdrive. By the time I returned to school in January I had gotten used to the redness, lumpiness and excess oil but once my body decided it had squeezed out every last millilitre of sebum it simply stopped producing more.

It’s a good thing I knew about the dangers, because my dermatologist skated right over them. Not once did he ask if my family or I had a history of heart disease or depression, which he should have. I was so sick of being afraid to go outside without makeup, or even of going outside at all on days when my skin was particularly angry, that I was willing to risk the side-effects. Despite celebrities shedding light on the topic and the societal move towards body positivity, acne is still a large insecurity for many sufferers. Get a treatment plan from a certified dermatologist.

You don't have to use two forms of birth control, which is required for women who use this medicine. You have severe acne that has not improved with other treatments. This medicine can raise the level of certain fats in your blood. So you may be more likely to get health problems such as heart disease.

Most people with severe acne notice a marked improvement after 1 or 2 courses of treatment. You may continue to see even more improvement in your acne condition for several months after you have stopped taking the medication. Fast forward a couple of months to the spring and I completed my dosage.

No comments:

Post a Comment